Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Penny Saved is a Penny to Spend on Boots

Products packaged in squeeze tubes, such as sunblock or facial cleanser, are convenient... until I get to the last little bit in the package.  I know there's some left, lurking in the container, but it won't squeeze out no matter how I much I contort the package.  The solution?  Cut the end off the container! 

There's usually a lot more product in there than one would expect.  It's hard to gauge in the photo, but there's enough cleanser left in this bottle for at least 10 uses.  I just scoop it out with my finger.  (Use the top of your finger to keep product from gooping under your fingernail.)

To keep the product fresh, I just slide the cut-off portion back onto the tube.

This tip isn't goth-centric... but if you save money on your everyday products, you can buy those New Rocks sooner.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I totally do this with my lotions! My husband laughs at me, then tells me just be careful with the knife. :) I figure it does save you quite a bit in the long run, especially with higher-priced products.

    PS: I love the name of your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. VictorianKitty, Yes, and especially when you use a LOT of lotion, like I do living in a dry climate. Plus it just feels wasteful to dump it in the trash. Thanks for the PS note. :)

    ReplyDelete